BISMILLAH HIR RAHMAN NIR RAHEEM
This is the season of red carrots. I love to prepare carrot juice and halwa during this season. Gajar ka halwa is one thing which gets disappeared as soon as it is made at our place. This time the major of the part was finished off my nani ;-D It gives me immense happiness when someone finishes off by my preparations so soon and happily.... Otherwise my siblings.. they rarely appreciate and are always skeptical to eat my experimatal stuffs.... ;-)
Carrots = 1 kg
Milk = 1/2 cup
Sugar = 4 tblspn
Ghee = 1 tblsp
Elaichi Powder = 1 tsp
Mawa = 50 gms
1. Wash, clean and grate the carrots.
2. Put them in cooker, add milk and take 2-3 whistles.
3. Remove the lid. Add sugar and ghee to the carrots and let it cook till it becomes dry. Keep stirring in between.
4. Once it comes to be dry add elaichi powder and mawa in it. Let it cook for more 15 mins.
5. Cool and serve.
1. There is always an option of making this halwa either dry or lill juicy. If you want to make it dry, cook till all the moisture in it evaporates. If want a lill juicy let it retain some in it. Either way it tastes great. Here I have tried to make this halwa as healthy as possible by adding less sugar and ghee.