Sunday, August 1, 2010

Apple Halwa

BISMILLAH HIR RAHMAN NIR RAHEEM





Again this is an experiMental Apple Halwa. I asked my brother to bring apples from the market and the apples he bought were sour. My people refused to eat it. The apples occupied the space in my refrigerator and I could do nothing to finish them off. Suddenly today when my mamu came in the morning, it clicked me to make something sweet and what better than apple halwa. (My mamu loves sweets a lot, so I can experiment on him). Then began my expeditions in the kitchen, I was really not sure what I was making will turn out good or i'll need to dump it in the dustbin. Just see the results up there in the pics, it not only turned out mouthwateringly good but also I received lots of compliments from my nani (that's tough to get it from her).

Please excuse the pics, as I clicked them in hurry before serving my mamu.


RECIPE:

Ingredients:
Apples = 3 peeled and grated
Sugar = 1/2 cup
Ghee = 1 tblspn
Khoya = 2 tblspn
Almond cashewnut powder = 2 tblspn
Cardamom powder = 1/2 tsp

Method:
1. Heat 1 tblspn of ghee in a pan. Add grated apples and cook on low flame.

2. When the apple starts to become tender add sugar, khoya, almond cashewnut powder.

3. When sugar is added it leaves water. At this stage stir continous for sometime.

4. Cook till all the water evaporates and the mixture becomes dry.

5. Once the mixture becomes dry, switch off the flame and add cardamom powder.

6. Grease a plate and transfer the contents into it. Flatten in and cut into desired shapes.

Note:
Adding khoya can be optional. I added it because I had that in my refrigerator. I had 3 apples and hence the measurements are accordingly. The apples were little sour and I added only 1/2 cup of sugar as I wanted the khatta mittha taste rather than all sweet taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment