Thursday, August 20, 2009

Coconut Chocolate Delight


BISMILLAH HIR RAHMAN NIR RAHEEM



These days I am on a cooking spree. Started with sweets and then turning to main course... I am somewhat a moody kind of person. Although I love to cook but when I wanna do something else other than cooking, cooking takes a back seat. However, cooking is one of my hobby besides others and nothing can hold me back for long. This holds vice-versa for my other hobbies too. Although my exams were on, I wanted to crochet a baby dress/skirt (we call it a dhingri). And I started on to it. I completed the front part of it and started the back portion. Very eager to post its pics soon.

Well well, diverting from the topic. The above pic is Coconut Chocolate Delight. And the amazing thing is that it is made of marie biscuits. I came across some people who hated marie biscuits. Its ok if one doesn't likes it, but its not something that has to be hated. So just to teach those few people I experimented with the biscuits. And it really turned out so well that people don't even recognise that its actually made of marie biscuits.

Its tastes amazing and my all time favourite, quick and easy to prepare dish. I usually make this to save my skin when surprise guests arrive ( usually store marie biscuits packets for such occassion). I would really recommend to try it once and see the results.


RECIPE:

Ingredients:
Marie biscuits = 1 pkt
Cocoa powder = 4 tblspn ( can increase the quantity upto 6 -8 tblspn, depending upon individual taste)
Desiccated coconut = 1/2 cup
Condensed milk = 1 tin

Method:
1. Crush marie biscuits and dry grind them in a mixer.

2. Add cocoa powder to the above marie biscuit powder.

3. In another utensil mix desiccated coconut and half tin of condensed milk.

4. The remaining half of the condensed milk should be mixed into the cocoa - marie biscuit powder mixture.

5. Mix well and knead it into a dough. The dough should neither be too hard nor too sticky. If its too sticky add some more dry mixture and if it is too hard add little more condensed milk.

6. Spread a butter paper or a plastic sheet. Roll out the the dough upto 1/2 cm thickness.

7. Over this, spread with the help of a spoon the desiccated coconut and condensed milk mixture.

8. Once it is spread out properly, roll the dough slowly from one end to another.

9. Wrap it in a butter paper or a plastic sheet and refrigerate for atleast an hour.

10. Remove after an hour, cut slant its pieces and serve.

Note:
One can be more creative and add as many layers of different flavoured biscuits as one wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment