Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Choco Coconut Laddoos



BISMILLAH HIR RAHMAN NIR RAHEEM




I had 3 bars of dark cooking chocolate sitting on my fridge shelf for long. I always prefer semi-sweet choclates over dark ones. But my sis bought all the three dark chocolates. Twice I made chocolate but distributed them to my neighbouring kids. They just love chocolates whatever they may be and I just don't like the bitter taste of it. Ultimately when you don't like something you often ignore to make it often. And as a result its been months those dark chocolates occupying space in my fridge.

Once while surfing Sanjeev Kapoor's website, I came to this recipe and thought of trying it instantly. Because it had coconut in it and I love coconuts with chocolates. It is very very simple to cook and instantly became my favourite. With coconut in it, it tastes less bitter. Not only the kids but this time I too relished it. I was a bit apprehensive, hence made them smaller in size, otherwise the recipe demands them to be of small ladoo size.

RECIPE:

Ingredients:
Choclate grated = 1 cup
Condensed milk = 2-3 tblspn
Walnuts, crushed = 1/4 cup
Desiccated coconut = 2 1/2 cups
Almonds, coarsely ground = 1/2 cup
Pistachios, blanched and peeled = as required

Method:
1. Melt grated chocolate in a microwave on high for 1 minute or melt it by double boiler on  gas.

2. Take two cups of desiccated coconut in a bowl. Add almond powder and walnut powder and mix.

3. Take the melted chocolate and whisk with a spoon till smooth.

4. Add it to the desiccated coconut mixture. Add two tblspn of condensed milk and mix well. If required add one more tblspn of condensed milk and mix.

5. Shape into small laddoos. Roll them in the remaining desiccated coconut and arrange on a plate. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment