Monday, January 31, 2011

Cakes For Mom's Birthday



BISMILLAH HIR RAHMAN NIR RAHEEM

Today is the last day of this month.. I should have posted this post on the very first day of this month itself. 1st Jan being my mom's birthday is always a special day for all of us.. No matter if she is here with us or away with my dad, I always make it a point to either bring a cake or bake it at home itself. Last year I could do neither of it as I was away on a trip. This year too mom is with dad and the first day of the year been too busy for me, I opted to bring a cake from the cake shop . This job I gave to my youngest sis and she bought the one below.



This is an out an out chocolate cake. And I didn't liked it much. Besides it had too much of chocolate chips over it so not my type. And over and above she didnt even wrote my mom's name over it.. When I asked her about this, I got the reply what difference does it makes as mom is not here with us... Felt bad as I should have only went and bought a good one... Thats the reason I thought of baking another cake this month.. And I wanted to make blackforest rasgulla cake from masterchef..




This is my blackforest rasgulla cake, nowhere near to what they've shown on television. As always I was short of certain ingredients at the last moment.. Even the decoration gave way as I couldnt make those chocolate logs... And my siblings started making fun of it. No matter, I am an optimist so still went ahead and though the presentation is not as good as it should have been, the taste was quiet good. So my dearest mom this is for you.. I know you are not here to taste it, but once you come back, I will surely make an another one much better for you again. Love u a lot.... God bless u mom.... Thanks for always been so wonderful a person and a sonpari to me - helping and being by my side whenever I  am in need....





13 comments:

  1. omg -this looks so good ! i remember watchg tht episode and drooling ! Best wishes to ur mom, u & family !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many happy returns to your mom :)
    Cake looks totally droolworthy..loved the dark intense choco color :)

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday to your mom lovely cake maashallah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cake looks soo yummy and am drooling. presentation is also good. My wishes to your sonpari.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to you mom..Nice clicks ...looks super delicious cake ....happy to follow u..

    ReplyDelete
  6. belated birthday greetings! Nice cake - you should consider sending it as an entry to my event - please check this link for event details
    http://priyasnowserving.blogspot.com/2011/01/guest-event-coming-to-now-serving.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cake... loving the color.. regards to sonpari..

    ammaandbaby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated birthday wishes your mom. cake looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there....thanks a bunch for following me...belated wishes to ur mom and cake looks yummilicious....following u too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. assalamu alaikum............thnxs for following me............such a cute cake for mummy........miss my mummy........nd belated wishes for ur mummy who has such a caring daughter................

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cale looks yummy. A belated Happy Birthday to your Mom. Have a great weekend.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely blog...belated b'day wishes to ur mom...

    FunWidFud

    ReplyDelete
  13. u have a nice space here...
    1st time here...

    visit my blog when u get time..
    www.sharemyrecipe.blogspot.com
    thanks in advance...

    ReplyDelete