The climate here is very chilly nowadays. And so is my taste - chillies, hot, spicy, sweet. Thats what I am going through nowadays, I wanna have all these taste togather. So I started digging into my newspaper cutouts. There I saw this paneer haryali with methi makai roti. That very moment I thought it would be perfect for a cold winter dinner.. I had made paneer haryali before too and it was loved by everybody. But tasting it with methi makai roti was a first time experience and it was heavenly...
Palak = 1 cup
Methi = 1/2 cup
Coriander leaves = 1/2 cup
Garlic = 6 flakes
Ginger = 1/2 inch piece
Green chillies = 3
Curd = 1/4 cup
Paneer = 250 gms
Onions = 1 big, sliced
Mawa = 2 tbsp
Kaju paste = 2 tbsp
Salt = to taste
Haldi = 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala = 1/4 tsp
Water = 1 cup
1. Blanch palak and methi leaves. Grind to a paste with all the ingredients.
2. Heat oil and saute onion till golden brown.
3. Add the ground paste and stir fry for 2-3 mins.
4. Add mawa, kaju paste, salt, haldi, garam masala and water. Let it simmer for some time.
5. Add paneer pieces and let it cook further for some more time.
6. Garnish with grated paneer ( here I was exhausted of paneer so I used til) and serve hot with methi makai rotis.
This goes to Food palette series green at torviewtoronto