Saturday, October 2, 2010

Amla

BISMILLAH HIR RAHMAN NIR RAHEEM


Winter season is back again. Though it doesn't matters much in mumbai, still I love to celebrate winters. Its during this season amlas can be seen in plenty. Amlas are very good for health and I enjoy preparing certain recipes out of it.. They are mostly fun sorts and I enjoy it. Benefits of amla can be found here and here.

I usually prepare fresh amla juice or cut or grate them and dry in sun. These can be stored for months and it really is effective.



Thats the amla juice I got after grating it with ginger and jaggery. Drinking it makes one feel instantly fresh and energetic. My mom loves this very much.




This is the grated amla kept for drying. It hardly takes 2-3 days to dry up if we get good sunlight.


Closer....

No comments:

Post a Comment