Sunday, October 17, 2010

Chocolate Cupcakes

BISMILLAH HIR RAHMAN NIR RAHEEM




I was just not done with afternoon's cooking today so end up making chocolate cupcakes. Today saw that on sanjeev kapoor's cookery show Khana Khazana and was tempted to taste it. I started out with the recipe at around 9.45 p.m. and later realised I didn't have flour. So asked my mom to tell my youngest sis to bring it. If I'll tell myself she won't go. However she was still reluctant but on mom's insistence gave in.

I am exhausted today but the excitement of baking a cake has no measure and that's the only thing that has kept me up still. And my cupcakes too are turning out too good. The best compliment I received from my bro... he told my mom that next time he'll take some to his office. I dunno whether I should take it as a compliment or added work on me... This brothers are so mean na.. The cupcakes started disappearing as soon as I took out one batch and went into the kitchen to put another batch. Even while clicking these pics my bro was chupke se trying to run away with those cupcakes as in troubling me.. running after him.. huh!!



 
 
RECIPE:
 
Ingredients:
Dark cooking chocolate = 60 gms, chopped
Butter = 100 gms
Powdered sugar = 1 1/2 cups, sifted
Eggs = 4
Maida = 1 3/4 cups
Baking powder = 3 tspn
Milk = 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence = 2 tspns
Cocoa powder = 2 tblspn
 
Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Lightly grease the muffin moulds.
 
2. Melt the chocolate in the microwave for a minute, or by a double boiler method. Heat five tablespoons of water and add to the melted chocolate and whisk till well blended.
 
3. Place the butter in a bowl and sift the powdered sugar into it and whisk together.
 
4. Break two eggs and add to the butter sugar mixture and blend with a hand blender. Break two more eggs and add. Blend till well blended. Add the chocolate mixture and mix well.
 
5. Sift maida and baking powder into the bowl and continue to blend with the hand blender. Add milk and vanilla essence blend again.
 
6. Sift cocoa powder into the bowl and blend till everything gets mixed properly.
 
7. Pour the batter over till the moulds are three fourths full.
 
8. Place the moulds in the preheated oven and bake for twenty five to thirty minutes.
 
9. Check with a skewer. If it comes out clean the cupcakes are done. If they are not done bake for five minutes more.
 
10. Cool, demould and serve.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment